At the Ghana Free Zones Authority, our mission is to help transform Ghana into the Gateway to West Africa by creating an attractive and conducive business environment through the provision of competitive free zone incentives and operation of an efficient “one-stop-shop” for the promotion and enhancement of domestic and foreign investment.
Below are some of the support services we provide.
- Provision of information on investment opportunities in the free zone
- Issuing of licenses to approved free zone enterprises
- Assisting in securing other permits from related agencies such as Environmental Protection Agency, Ghana Water Company,Electricity Company, Ghana Telecom
- Providing ready facilities i.e. serviced land and utilities at the designated Export Processing Zones
- Obtaining work/residence permits for expatriates in the free zone
- Investor aftercare and follow-up to ensure ease of doing business in Ghana.
- Providing any other services requested by investors
News and Events
Ghana’s cocoa sector set new record for domestic processing, as total volume of cocoa processed reached 300,000 tonnes during the 2017/18 season. The Ghana Cocoa Board (COCOBOD), which released a statement, said the 2017-2018 figure represents a 19 percent growth over 252,000 tonnes recorded during the 2016/17 season. The growth, according to COCOBOD, was drivenDecember 21, 2018
December 11, 2018
December 6, 2018
Companies operating under the free zones enclave exported goods valued at US$1.04 billion in the first nine months of this year, as against their total imports of US$113.1 million within the same period. This means that the exports of free zones companies outstripped their imports by more than 100 per cent. The Executive Secretary ofDecember 4, 2018