At the Ghana Free Zones Authority, our mission is to help transform Ghana into the Gateway to West Africa by creating an attractive and conducive business environment through the provision of competitive free zone incentives and operation of an efficient “one-stop-shop” for the promotion and enhancement of domestic and foreign investment.
Below are some of the support services we provide.
- Provision of information on investment opportunities in the free zone
- Issuing of licenses to approved free zone enterprises
- Assisting in securing other permits from related agencies such as Environmental Protection Agency, Ghana Water Company,Electricity Company, Ghana Telecom
- Providing ready facilities i.e. serviced land and utilities at the designated Export Processing Zones
- Obtaining work/residence permits for expatriates in the free zone
- Investor aftercare and follow-up to ensure ease of doing business in Ghana.
- Providing any other services requested by investors
News and Events
The government has set in motion a programme to salvage the economy from the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. Known as the Ghana COVID-19 Alleviation and Revitalisation of Enterprises Support (CARES) Programme, the historic initiative aims to inject a minimum of GH¢100 billion into the economy in the next three years to help protect lives,August 10, 2020
President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo on Monday, [August 3, 2020] unveiled the first VW vehicles assembled in the newly established VW Assembly Plant in Ghana.The models being assembled are Tiguan, Teramont, Amarok, Caddy, Polo and Passat. President Akufo-Addo during the unveiling ceremony at the Kempinski Hotel said “it is a good day for Mother Ghana.”August 10, 2020
Parliament has approved the agreement between the government and the African Union (AU) for the establishment of the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) Secretariat in Accra.Key provisions of the agreement require that Ghana, as the host country, shall provide, at its own expense, a secure, equipped and furnished permanent premises for the secretariat. ItAugust 5, 2020
The GFZA Covid-19 task force being trained by Dr. Dacosta Aboagye, Head of National Risk Communication and Social mobilization of Ghana Health Service (GHS), on Ghana Health Service Covid-19 preventive protocols and measures for workplaces. The Task force’s main duty is to ensure compliance and guide FZEs to implementJune 30, 2020