Investors are invited to come to Ghana and allowed our easily and abundant labour force be a source of competitive advantage for you as you explore and develop larger markets for your goods and services.GFZA also provide access to one of Africa’s biggest markets with a population of about 400 milion people, together with its relative stability, Ghana is the gateway for regional trade and investment.
The GFZA has a dedicated desk at the Ghana Immigration Office that handles work permits, resident permit and emergency visas for Foreign investors and their families.
Suffice to say, the GFZA exists to see the prosperity of investors with numerous units and departments within the Institution working to see to the fruition of our investors.
To attract and ensure the success of investors and to create a viable and sustainable business environment, the GFZA offers extensive and generous monetary and non-monetary incentives to potential investors.
The monetary incentives offered include:
- 100% exemption from payment of direct and indirect duties and levies on all imports for production and exports from free zones;
- 100% exemption from payment of income tax on pro ts for 10 years which will not exceed 15 per cent thereafter;
- Total exemption from payment of withholding taxes from dividends arising out of free zone investments;
- Relief from double taxation for foreign investors and employees where Ghana has a double taxation agreement with the country of the investors or employees.
• Other non-monetary incentives are:
- No import licensing requirements;
- Minimal customs formalities;
- 100% ownership of shares by any investor - foreign or national - in a free
zone enterprise is allowed;
- There are no conditions or restrictions on: repatriation of dividends or net
pro t; payments for foreign loan servicing; payments of fees and charges for technology transfer agreements; and remittance of proceeds from sale of any interest in a free zone investment;
- Free Zone investors are permitted to operate foreign currency accounts with banks in Ghana;
- At least 70% of annual production of goods and services of Free Zone Enterprises must be exported; consequently up to 30% of annual production of goods and services of a free zone enterprise are authorized for
sale in the local market
- Free Zone investments are also guaranteed against nationalization and expropriation.
As part of these incentives, investors are free to operate Foreign Currency Accounts to facilitate their daily monetary transactions.
UNDERSTAND THE FREE ZONES AUTHORITY ACT
The GFZA was established on 31st August, 1995 by an Act of Parliament to enable the establishment of free zones in Ghana for the promotion of economic development; to provide for the regulation of activities in free zones and for related purposes.
UNIQUE ADVANTAGES YOU ONLY GET FROM THE FREE Zones Authority
Investors are invited to come to Ghana and allowed our easily and abundant labour force be a source of competitive advantage for you as you explore and develop larger markets for your goods and services.
NEWS & EVENTS
Ghana FREE Zones Authority GETS NEW OFFICE COMPLEX
The Minister of Trade and Industry, Dr. Ekow Spio Garbrah has on behalf of President John Mahama commissioned an office complex for the Ghana Free Zones Authority(GFZA) in Cantonments, Accra.
The Republic of Ghana is located in West Africa and bordered by Côte d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) to the west, Burkina Faso to the north, Togo to the east and the Gulf of Guinea to the south. The word Ghana means "Warrior King" and derives from the Ghana Empire in pre-colonial times.
The Ghana Free Zones Authority (GFZA) was established on 31st August, 1995 by an Act of Parliament–1995 (Act 504), to enable the establishment of free zones for the promotion of economic development; to provide for the regulation of activities in free zones.
Access a wide range of downloadable content including reports, videos, photos, brochures, articles, speeches and more from the Ghana Free Zones Portal. All downloads require Adobe PDF Reader. If you do not have it installed on your system, please install Adobe Reader.
Click here to access the Ghana Free Zones Authority Annual Reports. All downloads require Adobe PDF Reader. If you do not have it installed on your system, please click the Adobe Logo to download Adobe Reader. For additional information, please contact us here.
Get in Touch
SEARCH OUR SITE
follow us online
A representative is waiting to hear from you.
The GFZA Head Office
5th Link Rd, East Cantonments
[Near US Embassy]
Postal Address - P.O.Box M626
+233 302 780535 | 785037
+233 24 2174534
+233 302 780536 | 780537
Search our site for relevant information and see results for relevant content on the site.
GFZA launches new Head Office
The GFZA has unveiled its new Head Office in Accra. See pictures from the event and more here and do not forget to visit anytime you are in the area.
GFZA launches new Website & Portal
The GFZA has just launched its new web portal with features such as online portal access for GFZA Enterprises, Live Chat, Online Business Registration forms for download, social media presence and a whole lot more.
Visit the site and let us know what you think or send in suggestions.